Skin & Forefoot Problems
Other Useful Information
Podiatrist or Orthopaedic Surgeon?
Legal statement: The information provided in this website is not intended to be a substitute for medical attention, diagnosis or treatment. The material is provided for informational purposes alone. Visitors should not exclusively rely on answers provided in this website. Capital Foot & Ankle Centers, PC makes no claims, expressed or implied as to the accuracy and timeliness of any advice, services, or other information referenced in the website. Furthermore, Capital Foot & Ankle Centers, PC is not obligated to follow-up or contact visitors to this site, nor is it liable in any manner for the decisions of visitors whose actions are based on information found in this website.
Rearfoot & Ankle Problems
Child Heel Pain
1. Seventy-five percent of Americans will experience foot health problems of varying degrees of severity at one time or another in their lives.
2. The foot is an intricate structure containing 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments and 19 muscles and tendons.
3. The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day. Those cover several miles, and they all add up to about 115,000 miles in a lifetime -- more than four times the circumference of the globe.
4. Walking is the best exercise for your feet. It also contributes to your general health by improving circulation, contributing to weight control. and promoting all-around well being.
5. Shopping for shoes is best done in the afternoon. Your feet tend to swell a little during the day, and it's best to buy shoes to fit them then. Have your feet measured everytime you purchase shoes, and do it while you're standing.
6. When you try on shoes, try them on both feet; many people have one foot larger than the other, and it's best to fit the larger one.